This company let's you create a "free slideshow." Once you take the time to create it, it prompts you to share it. When you go to share it, it will only let you do it by charging you $3.95 for a month's membership.

Since you've taken the time to create the *** thing, you say, "oh, $3 is not much." Unfortunately, I signed up for the $3 membership and instead I'm charged $48.95. The "company" tries to make it appears that you agreed to a one-year membership @ $3.95 or so a month for 12 months which is $48.96. In fact, that is not what I agreed to pay. I immediately looked for a phone number (there is none).

I sent emails. None of them got a response. I cancelled my membership and opened up a dispute on PayPal. PayPal prompted me to first contact the merchant but the phone number this company gave PayPal is bogus!

You call the number and get a recording that says "This number is not monitored. Thank you.' Click. Then the charge hit my account. It took a lot of hours and aggravation to open up a dispute claim with both PayPal and my bank.

Only PayPal and my bank resolved the issue. Lesson learned! Do some research on a company you are not familiar with. This company is very deceptive and has no customer support.

Please avoid them at all costs.

Also, the slideshow quality was not great. The photos came out blurry and we're cropped.

Review about: Smilebox Membership.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments