1.3

You can’t do much at all on this site if you’re not a paying member so I signed up for the free 7 day trial and gave my paypal payment info to really try it out. Well...it just wasn’t what I was looking for and proceeded to spend the next 7 days trying to cancel my account before I was billed, each time I would get a message saying that there was no membership associated with my account to cancel.

And of course on the 8th day I get the notification from PayPal that I had been charged $47.88 for a year subscription and then I FINALLY get a response from their customer service via email (since of course, they don’t have an actual phone number to call) basically saying too bad, they don’t offer any refunds!

Completely bogus!!! I now have a dispute open with my paypal, this company is a scam and by the looks of their reviews I’m not the only one they have taken advantage of.

Product or Service Mentioned: Smilebox Free Trial.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

It is in our policy to refund if requested in a timely manner, so we would definitely do this. Some customers set up several accounts and are unable to remember which email address they signed up with.

Therefore we ask them for more information and many provide it and the issue is settled quickly. Some refuse or unable to give it to us. Therefore we spend a lot of time looking and only when the payment comes through can we identify it. We will of course refund this person.

In terms of reviews, we have thousands of very positive reviews on several other review sites. This site is called pissed consumers so it speaks for itself. But many customers including those who request refunds thank us for doing so with little issue. We understand, however, that this customer is very frustrated and they will receive their money back.

If they have opened a PayPal dispute they will have to wait until PayPal review it, but we will approve the refund. Customers can also cancel their subscription themselves without contacting us before they are billed!

This just happened to me too. Sent an email.

I will contact Better Business Bureau if nothing is done.

Grrr! Same with me,....no account to be found, but they found my money!!